Senior Software Engineer Embedded Systems (C++)
Initial contract till end of 2022 + extensions
A leading semiconductor company. We deliver over 80 billion products a year and as such service thousands of global customers, both directly and through our extensive network of channel partners. We are at the heart of billions of electronic devices in the Automotive, Mobile, Industrial, Consumer, Computing, and Communication Infrastructure segments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic result-driven software professional who, in the software domain, strengthens and co-shapes the future the R&D department of E&A; our in-house equipment supplier. E&A develops, supplies and services world's fastest pick & place equipment and testers for (discrete) semiconductors. E&A equipment and solutions play an important role in the roadmap towards cost leadership in our assembly plants in Asia. The E&A Research & Development is located in Nijmegen. The E&A Product Support, Service and Supply Chain Management are located in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be, as member of a multidiscipline project team, responsible for developing innovative embedded (windows based, real time) software for E&A's die bonder. The candidate will be actively participating in the design, implementation and testing.
- Contribute to the objected oriented SW design which is made with Visual paradigm and UML.
- Developing software based on the E&A API's
- and technical meetings. Participate in document and code reviews.
- Join the development of E&A best-in-class die bonder applications running with 100 threads in parallel to control over 40 motors and run inspections on 14 cameras within a machine cycle of 75ms.
- Master degree in (Technical) Computer Science or comparable
- 5+ years' experience in Embedded Software engineering (C++ or ADA)
- Additional experiences in one or more of the following domains are an advantage
- Mechatronic SW
- Machine learning and/or AI
- Electronics Assembly equipment and/or Test equipment
- Mechatronic or comparable education with serious interest and experience in writing SW are invited to react as well.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
- A team player with good analytical skills and hands-on mentality
- Willing to travel occasionally to our customers in the Far East
- Challenging company culture. Your initiatives, feedback and ideas matter
- Innovative and international working environment developing fast and complex pick & place equipment
- A young and enthusiastic SW team working with modern SW technologies.
- Career opportunities and extensive learning (e.g. growth to SW Principal or SW ArchE&At)
- Business trips opportunities