6/12 month contract
Onsite in Stavanger, Norway (remote possible to start)
My client is a leading medical technology company in Norway, who have a wide portfolio of products that help save lives. This varies from embedded medical systems used to prevent medical errors, all the way through to mobile applications used to teach CPR in education. They are looking to hire a product/platform owner to head up the platform team and is accountable for the technology platform team's overall success, both from a development and strategy point-of-view. The Platform Owner usually works with a cross-functional team to continuously develop on the platform to make sure the capabilities best meet its strategic goals. The Platform Owner reports to the Director of Digital Platforms.
- Strategic planning and technical assessment - Establishing and owning the Roadmap. Create and communicate the roadmap to the development team and key stakeholders. Act as an ambassador for the platform's capabilities.
- Developing the scope and defining the team backlog. Identify and translate needs to the development team. Prioritize the backlog.
- Identifying key objectives and needs, based on inputs from the team and the various stakeholders across the organization.
- Technical oversight. Possessing solid technical understanding and oversight - guide the team and set direction.
- Delivering highly available, scalable, and cost-effective platform capabilities - at the required time, quality and cost. Owns the capabilities, the timeline of deliverables, and the performance metrics.
- Lifecycle management and continuous improvement of their components and capabilities
- Evaluating and managing technical providers and partners.
- Providing adequate documentation and guidelines for using platform capabilities.
- Delivering scalable, ready for reuse, API ready, and data capturing capabilities
- Ensure high quality and sustainability focus on all deliverables
- Together with the director of digital platforms, define the capabilities in the scope of the platform team.
- Establish platform team with required capacity and competency
- Manage and build the platform team and onboard new resources
- Consults with the development teams, other platform teams, and other relevant stakeholders to understand the development needs.
- Aligns the scope with other technical platform teams with dependencies and interfaces to the platform team.
- Translates the development needs to tasks with acceptance criteria.
- Sets the key priorities and drives the development towards the vision.
- Consults with technical resources, to ensure that technical requirements are captured and accounted for in the roadmap.
- Monitor performance - take appropriate action when opportunities or risks are identified.
- Together with the CTO office, plans, prepare and communicate the platform direction and scope internally to the relevant stakeholders