Photonic R&D Engineer (temporary assignment)
6 month contract (extendable)
We need a photonic R&D engineer to develop new concepts for top optics on advanced imager technologies. The candidate will form part of a team that works on increasing imager functionality by taking advantage of the downscaling of the pixel size and the advanced manufacturing capabilities.
Your key tasks will consist of:
· Design of micro/nanophotonic components relying on advanced processing capabilities.
· System level (optical) modeling of the imager performance with novel top optics.
· In a later stage: optical characterization of the manufactured optical components.
· In the course of your work, it will be important to interact with many teams to align on how to bring a concept from the initial idea into a lab demonstration.
Required knowledge and skills
· We need a photonic R&D engineer with the following skills:
· PhD or equivalent experience in (nano)photonics.
· Excellent knowledge of nanophotonic simulation tools, preferably Lumerical FDTD.
· Excellent communication skills in English with an eagerness to collaborate.
· Strong understanding of basic optics is a must.
Desired start date and work regime
· Beginning of January
· Fulltime (5 days/week, 40 hours)