Wireless Systems Engineer
Initial 12 month contract + extensions
As a system signal processing expert, drive the development of next generation location sensing solutions based on Radio and Radar.
Our client has established a world-leading research and development track record on the design of novel sensors for human health applications and ultra-low-power IoT devices in general. Our team in Eindhoven has a strong track record of innovations in automotive, industrial, wearables, implantable and medical applications. Our client's research tracks enable unique opportunities for end-to-end innovations. We create innovative practical solutions used by leading companies worldwide and regularly publish results in the leading scientific journals.
In this role, you will be part of the wireless sensing team. You will develop of system architecture and signal processing algorithms for wireless communication, localization, and radar sensing. You will work on technologies like UWB, Bluetooth, and LiDAR. You will deliver high-quality results while pushing the boundaries of the state-of-the-art.
What you will do
We need you as a Wireless Systems Engineer to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Take end-to-end responsibility of wireless systems - architecture development, specification, design, evaluation, and demonstration.
- Collaborate with our customers, marketing and other engineering disciplines, such as system architects, analog/digital IC designers, hardware and software developers, to understand and define system-level requirements.
- Conduct system analysis to define PHY layer specifications for our ASIC design and embedded software teams.
- Work on the architecture specifications and design of radio sub-systems such as PLLs, Receivers, Transmitters, and Digital Baseband.
- Develop (novel) algorithms and solutions for wireless signal processing, including synchronization, compensation of non-idealities, calibration, error estimation and correction.
- Guide the evaluation of systems in lab and realistic environment; and design demonstration platforms.
- Interact with customers and (academic) partners as a technical interface for existing and new collaborations.
- Translate innovative insights into patent applications and high impact publications.
- Stay up to date to relevant trends and research in the field and wireless standardization.
- Contribute to the vision and technical roadmaps for the evolution of wireless systems over the next years.
What we do for you
By joining our client on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. They are pushing the state-of-the-art in the design of ultra-low-power circuits and algorithms to raise the performance and intelligence of sensors, and with the researchers and engineers from our wireless systems group, you will create the next generation platforms for wireless sensing. You will experience a dynamic and stimulating environment working with experts across the technology stack from antennas, mixed-signal integrated circuits, embedded software and advanced algorithms.
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 to 7 years of professional experience.
- Deeply knowledgeable in digital signal processing and communications theory.
- The interest and ability to innovate, to discover and explore new paths and opportunities.
- Knowledgeable in the state-of-the-art in (ULP) wireless communication, localization, radar architectures and wireless standards such as Bluetooth, UWB, WiFi.
- Expert in radio/radar transceiver system modelling in Python, C and/or MATLAB.
- Experienced in guiding implementation of models on FPGA, system-on-a-chip (SoC) or embedded software.
- Affinal with working in multi-disciplinary projects teams including analog/digital IC designers, embedded hardware/software engineers.
- Published papers and patent applications are a plus.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Familiar with state-of-the-art machine-learning and AI techniques.