Standardization Expert (3GPP)
Initial 12 month freelance contract + extensions
Remote working from Europe, once per month travel to Leuven, Belgium
The role requires familiarity with wireless communication technologies and standard developed by 3GPP, and experience in wireless communication research and attending 3GPP standardization meeting as a delegate.
We are looking for a 3GPP Standardization Expert/Delegate, who will be responsible to be a delegate to attend one of the 3GPP WG meetings, including RAN, RAN1, RAN2, RAN4, RAN5, SA1 and SA2. His/her primary focus will be the improvement of our client's Terminal's leadership in the 3GPP by involving in the technical discussions and the communicating with other major companies.
The successful candidate will work alongside researchers, domestic standard delegates, engineers, and developers, who contribute on different aspects of the project. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem-solving, advanced design methods and the creation of quality products are essential attributes.
- Attending one of the 3GPP meetings including RAN, RAN1, RAN2, RAN4, RAN5, SA1 and SA2 as a regular delegate. Communicating with global telecom companies including operators, infrastructure/terminal/chipset vendors for the industry information and views sharing.
- Strategy development and planning for the standardization, and influencing the standardization strategy and timeline in 3GPP.
- Pushing the requirements from the produce line and the techniques output by the research team. Recognizing new opportunities, risks and potential topics to research team and product team.
- Understanding of the overall business picture in order to provide strategic advice to R&D and standardization teams. Working with multiple departments, coaching and mentoring other team members to a strong standard to consistently achieve best practices.
- Reporting directly to the Director (European Standardization & Industry Development) based in Leuven (Belgium), though with European oversight, including the UK.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of wireless communication technologies and standard developed by 3GPP.
- Experience and expertise as a 3GPP delegate.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate these into technical requirements.
- Good communication skills, especially intercultural communication.
Desirable soft skills: adaptability (including culture-sensitive outlook), written and verbal communication, time management, stress management, conflict management.