Senior Network Engineer
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Contract Length: 6 months (with option to extend)
Onsite with some remote working
Install, manage and better optimize the IT environment!
- Setting up quantitative studies for the improvement and/or design of procedures and systems.
- Participate in projects. Execution of medium-sized projects to realize the predefined project result; ensure the implementation, aftercare and warranty conditions of the projects.
- Performing (complex) analyses; converting results and findings into conclusions and recommendations. Providing reports and overviews.
- Drafting improvement proposals/specifications for the ICT Infrastructure landscape and the support services to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of all business processes.
- Participate in and lead incident, problem and change management processes.
Supporting the user organization in the inventory and definition of wishes, bottlenecks and issues and the associated improvement opportunities in the field of ICT Infrastructure. To this end, among other things:
- Acting as a source of information and sounding board for the support services and user organizations, by providing support in setting up and maintaining procedures, techniques and systems.
- Collect, process, keep up-to-date and make available business knowledge of the current operation and supporting processes. Describing functional and technical specifications in the preliminary research phase and within projects.
- Drafting improvement proposals and giving advice to the user organization and external customers to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the ICT Infrastructure landscape. Carrying out acceptance tests of changed or new procedures, techniques and systems.
- Guiding and training officials of the user organization in the introduction of changed or new procedures, techniques and systems.
- Applications for permits and licenses for aspects that fall within the knowledge area of ICT Infrastructure.
- Demonstrable HBO level
- Cisco CCNP certified
- Knowledge of ICT Infrastructure
- Network components (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- Various network technologies and protocols (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, LTE, SAN, TCP, UDP, PROFINET, FC)
- Cloud technology
- Network management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of and experience with project management processes