Senior Network Security Expert
Our client is a construction group, consisting of multiple entities, with its head office based near Brussels, and is one of the world's leading international contractors. 3000+ users, sites all over the world, and with new and exciting projects ahead.
With multiple challenging projects advancing rapidly, and with different entities that need fine-tuning and standardisation, we are therefore looking to hire a senior network security expert.
Together with your senior network colleagues, you will strengthen the current team by managing networks from a to z in different projects, alter/improve the network (infra)structure, and able to keep a helicopter view.
The network expert feels at home in the different hands-on networking activities, and will help internationalize the next steps, from installing switches to defining the future architecture.
IT is not a democracy, or better yet, owning a SMB mentality with the knowledge of an Enterprise environment. Someone who can manage the lead on projects yet leave room for discussion, syncing with one another, being open to change in a volatile environment and setting out projects as a whole.
Scope of work
- Very deep and very broad knowledge of networks
- from high-level designs, co-designing architectures, setting up systems as well as remodelling these and bringing them up to standard, to analysis, setting up switches, segregating the network, implementation and hands-on troubleshooting
- You're able to talk about terminal servers, Virtualisation, Storage, network, and be the bridge between networks and client-server
- Being able to handle change incidents
- Setting up projects
- Support the complete chaing from design to implementation
- Analysis going from requirements, setting up blueprints, including the whole identity awareness, spectrum analysis, bill of material to implementation and support
- Teamspirit prevails over technical knowledge: the right fit within the team is key to success
- Enjoying the freedom in the role and the room for personal growth, while not being intimidated by the vast, vuca environment and exciting times ahead
- Clearpass Aruba, NAC Nap, focus on identity awareness, Aruba (both wired and wireless) technology (or Cisco Catalyst - CatOS), CheckPoint, Cisco Firepower
- Strong focus on VPN technology
- The technology used is purely internet and IP sec VPNs
- Some entities centralize all break out connectivity from a central point, other sites work decentralized but both are based on VPN technology
- Reverse proxy - RADIUS - TACACS - NPS - NAC - Nap
- Cisco Catalyst and Catos as a worthy alternative for the Aruba technology
- LoadBalancing: Kemp or F5, the principle of reverse proxy is key
- Dynamic access control
- Monitor the network part, network performance management, possibly for switch configuration and also for the Wintel environment
- MPLS is an asset
- Dutch is a must-have
- English: fluent command
- French is an asset (average level would suffice)