Multi-cloud Senior Consultant - Contract - UK
My client, a global telecoms provider is looking for a highly skilled Multi-Cloud consultant to join their team. The mission consists in accompanying companies internationally in the transformation of their IT towards Cloud.
Within the department Professional Services there are 60 consultants in France and internationally, and they accompany their customers in their Cloud transformation and associated skills. Professional Services has a catalog of services offering Cloud Advisory, Transform, Assess, Migration and Optimise as well as Devops and MultiCloud, AI, and Security.
The Senior Consultant will be working with the client to deliver multi cloud technical solutions to internal and external customers.
You will deliver hands-on, business-oriented and technical expertise to our customers for cloud infrastructure, automation solutions and solution architecture.
- Collaborate with the presales and sales teams to identify additional revenue.
- Contribute to RFP technical and solution responses
- Technically support presales to close deals utilizing your knowledge on solutions
- Provide customer facing expertise on multiple platforms and services e.g (VMware, Openstack, AWS, Azure, Google)
- Maintain and improve cloud platform infrastructure and ability to configure auto-scaling, terraform, ansible etc…
- Find solutions to problems that disrupt availability, performance and stability
- Suggest ways to improve and reduce Cloud operational costs with adaptive performance tuning
- Provide technical leadership in provisioning and maintaining a multi-tenant hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Cloud migrations - audit, migrate and perform post migration analysis where required.
- Compose, publish and manage IT documentation.
- Participation in disaster recovery solution design, implementation and testing.
YOUR SKILLS: Extensive hands-on experience using Cloud services: Networking, Windows/Linux virtual machines, Container, Storage, ELB, Auto Scaling, Serverless Architecture, SQL DB/DW and Analytics Service.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options (Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, VMware or OpenStack)
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
- Knowledge in Databases (Mysql, MongoDB) would be a plus.
- Working awareness of Linux/Unix environments and scripting languages like Python, Perl, and Shell.
- Ability to review deployment and delivery pipelines i.e., implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in designing and building solutions to migrate data and process it.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills by leveraging the latest trends in technologies such as cloud, AI, and big data
- Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged
- Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution
- Excellent communication skills and team working
- Worked in a multicultural environment
Due to current Covid restrictions work will be remote. Once restrictions relax then travel may be required to customer site but that will be discussed as required.
BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Cloud accreditation on any or all AWS, Azure and Google
Agile and Scrum awareness
Customer technical facing experience
Language: English, French beneficial