MongoDB Atlas Specialist - 6-12 month contract - Sheffield - Start ASAP
Why do we need you:
Our client have adopted a "Cloud First" strategy in order to meet the growing market demand for speed to market, delivery flexibility and stay competitive in an increasingly challenging marketplace. The strategy is driven by a focus on business value, key focus areas being:
- Delivering improved capability - Our client will be leveraging the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) technology the client would not have been able to provide internally at an equivalent cadence, cost or quality
- Increasing delivery flexibility - benefit from CSP elasticity and dynamic scaling of immediately available capacity, providing a cost effective edge in a rapidly changing and increasingly competitive market
- Transforming our Cost Model - adopt a flexible consumption based OpEx model, leveraging lower available pricing for commodity services freeing up funding to focus on higher value propositions
To support our cloud strategy, we are planning to offer MongoDB Atlas as a managed cloud native document database (DBaaS) service for our internal customers' consumption.
What will you do?
- Accountable for the MongoDB Atlas product; identify and develop the most appropriate technology solutions to meet customer needs as part of the customer journey.
- Lead the planning, design, and engineering of enterprise-level infrastructure and MongoDB Atlas on multiple cloud computing platforms.
- Liaise with other engineers, architects, and business stakeholders to understand and drive the product or service's direction.
- Work closely with global businesses/global functions (GB-GFs), vendors and Cloud service providers to produce best practice, best in breed solutions, 'As a service' offerings.
- Establish realistic service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives.
- Assist in the establishment of security standards and access controls for the offered services.
- Provide expert advice and consultation toward customers' project deliverables in establishing new services on the platorm.
- Engage and contribute to the design discussions and the implementation steps required in the migration of existing onprem MongoDB services to the Atlas platform.
- Keep up to date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
- Apply project management and coordination skills to lead the initiative towards resolution.
- Solid understanding and exposure to the Cloud technologies and cloud service providers - GCP, AWS, Azure. Well versed with the concepts of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, CaaS, DBaaS.
- Experience in setting up, configuring, and managing MongoDB Atlas (DBaaS) environment on AWS and GCP.
- Solid knowledge and experience in supporting various MongoDB database patterns including shard environments.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting MongoDB Ops Manager tool including the setup and configuration of the clients' MongoDB database backups.
- Understanding of Internet concepts technologies (DNS, TCP, HTTP, Proxies, Load balancing)
- Knowledge of operating system, virtualization, security, backup, disaster recovery
- Understanding of agile team methodologies including Scrum and Kanban and using JIRA and Confluence.
- Ability to work across cultures in a globally dispersed team.
- Effective communication, problem solving skills and pragmatic approach to develop solutions.
- Ability to make recommendations to senior management, based both on subjective and objective information
- Accustomed to working with a degree of autonomy, self-starter, highly organized and able to confidently prioritise multiple concurrent work streams and challenging deadlines
- Basic experience with software development, infrastructure automation, api development and basic application system's design.
- Knowledge and basic experience in at least some of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub, Postman, Docker, Splunk.
- Ability to automate processes using programming languages and scripting tools.
Knowledge and basic experience with some programming languages and scripting tools such as Java, Python, JSON, or Bash.
- Experience on Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps Capabilities (CI/CD Pipelines, Automated Testing, Code Scanning etc.) and Infrastructure as Code.
- An open, flexible and supportive approach to change and innovation
- Experience of working for a large organisation where priorities can change quickly. Ideally a financial company with some associated regulatory responsibilities.
- A broad existing understanding of HSBC business lines and services
- Certifications in AWS or GCP including DevOps certifications are a plus.