Microfluidics Engineer for life science technologies
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
- Design experiments for microfluidic device testing. Discuss and align with project leaders and senior scientists.
- Characterize and test microfluidics devices. This typically includes: (a) device preparations (e.g. surface coating), (b) device characterizations (e.g. electrical impedance measurements), (c) device programming based on existing software, (d) device testing (e.g. droplet generations and actuations).
- Program and operate multidisciplinary setups (driving circuits, microscopes, surface characterizations tools), after receiving proper training and necessary support from internal employees.
- Analyze, interpret and report experimental data to the project team.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules and possibly among multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers and biologists.
Required knowledge and skills
- Fresh PhD or master degree with minimum 2-year experience, preferably with electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering or physics background.
- Knowledge & experience in electro-fluidic principles in microfluidics such as electrowetting-on-dielectric, dielectrophoresis, impedance spectroscopy.
- Experience in microfluidics device testing and preferably also microfluidic set-up construction.
- Experience with instrumentation and signal processing software (e.g. LabVIEW, Python, Matlab) is a strong plus.
- Modelling skills such as SPICE, ANSYS, COMSOL etc. is a plus.
- It is essential that you have strong analytical skills and can perform data processing using analytical or computational tools.
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.