Linux Workplace Architect
Initial contract till end of 2022 + extensions
Eindhoven, Netherlands / Remote (75% remote)
Provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Department / Project: R&D IT and Generic IT Workplace Services
The Linux Workplace Architect will be responsible to design the new solution, evaluating tools from different vendors to answer business needs including all the aspect of the service (availability, security, operations, etc.).
* Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to internal engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
* Drive requirements and technical due-diligence and infrastructure design.
* Secures Linux Workplace systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
* Providing leadership and advice on all technical aspects of the solution
* Creation of High and Low Level Design, conformant to the Business Requirements
* Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
* A balanced business and technology savvy and a strong understanding of both applications and infrastructure
* Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* The ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
* Knowledge on IAM , AD, Ldap
* Thorough high knowledge of Linux
* Proven track record of creating High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, BOMs and support documentation
* Proven track record of leading the delivery of Linux technical solutions through the design and build of Ubuntu Linux VMs and Physical servers, including creation of Gold Builds and Hardening of Servers
* Experience of core Linux products including ansible Tower, AD, Ldap.
* A proven track record of Linux scripting
Will be part of a global project team with initial focus on architecture of standard Linux Workplace for 2 sites in EU.