Infrastructure Engineer - OpenShift / Automation
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
English (must) & Dutch (preferred)
Our client provides high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Department / Project
Within the R&D IT domain the Design Infrastructure department is responsible for the Innovation, development, and support of the R&D Design environment and infrastructure for both Hardware and Software designers.
It will be your role to implement and run the new virtualization and containerization platform based on VMWare with RedHat Linux guest OS and RedHat OpenShift with design solutions that fit into our automation framework (Splunk, Service Now, Ansible).
You will work DevOps / Scrum and apply techniques of continuous verification (CI/CD) to ensure the quality of your products. You build it. You run it.
Primary Responsibility: OpenShift - Need to have experience in managing OpenShift.
* Primary focus is RedHat OpenShift and RedHat Linux OS.
* Develop and maintain automation products with playbooks (YAML) and modules (Python/PowerShell) in tools like Ansible Tower and Service-Now.
* Verify code changes for the OpenShift platform and RedHat Linux guest OS with other team members.
* Train team members and others with your extensive RedHat product knowledge.
* Manage the scalability of the solution and manage the capacity.
* Troubleshoot and solve incidents on the OpenShift platform and RedHat Linux operating system.
* Work actively with other teams to align on the architecture of the PaaS solution.
* Keep the Base OS image up2date via patches or make sure patches are available to the virtual machine owners.
* Build DevOps methods to keep the service up to date and current with all SVE and patches.
* "Security" is your middle name, and you are always challenging yourself and your colleagues to design and develop new solutions as security tight as possible.
* Provide consulting services to consumers as needed.
* Help consumers host applications in these container environment.
* Understanding of underlying technologies like SDN, Certificates, Load Balancer so that they can be managed within the OpenShift platform.
* Pair with consultants, teammates and consumers in an agile environment.
* Focus on Automation of the entire process of Managing the containers.
* Should demonstrate experience and flexibility to provide OpenShift Ops support.
* No issue to work outside business hours to support the platform for critical R&D Applications.
* You have great English communication skills, both verbally as in writing.
* You like working in multi-disciplinary teams also with people who live in other parts of the world.
* DevOps mindset: You are a team-player that is eager to develop and maintain cool products to automate/optimize processes in a complex IT infrastructure and are able to build and maintain productive working relationships.
* Willing to learn and also willing to teach to colleagues.
For our new deployment of the Next gen Virtualization Platform in our High Secure environment we do need you to be able to work in Eindhoven on site in our Secure Admin building. The High Secure environment cannot be managed from home or from other locations.