Firmware Engineer (Bluetooth Low Energy)
Initial freelance contract until the end of 2024 + extensions
Leuven, Belgium (2 days remote per week)
Within our Personal Health R&D group, we want to capture the strong market growth in ICs for hearing aids and implants, hearables, wearables, and personal health monitoring applications, health IoT. Owing to our success, our department of 40+ engineers is growing, and we have challenging opportunities for software engineers.
Our System-on-Chip products employ the latest Bluetooth Smart (BLE) or NFC with our experience in ultra-low power design. We develop the full software stack from driver-level all to way to turnkey applications, enabling our customers to build their products with minimum effort.
Description of services:
- Unconditionally technically responsible for a subsystem, application
- Estimate the effort for your work and contribute to reviewing the estimates of peers
- Execute feasibility studies to underpin the estimations
- Create a design for the software
- Organize or contribute to (mutual) reviews of designs with colleagues and Software Architect
- Plan your assignments and report on progress
- Contribute to specifying and developing automated regression test frameworks.
- Document functional and performance specifications, test design documentation and develop the test strategy and test specifications.
- Work with the development team to develop and guide the implementation of module, systems and end to end tests (functional + performance testing) to fit in the test framework.
- Develop test automations using Python, Jenkins.
- Master's degree in Software Engineering or Electronics or, have reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- 3-5 years embedded software / firmware development experience, in either the mobile industry or in semiconductors.
- Proud software craftsman with solid BLE 5.X experience, preferably in both Link Layer and Host stack
- Natural team player and obsessive to learn and gain experience
- Spoken and written English
- Knowledge of design methods and software engineering processes, microcontroller architectures and peripherals, embedded programming in C.
- Strong Python programming skills
- Building real-time systems on bare metal or using an RTOS, structured debugging, interpretation of PCB schematics.
- Practical experience using the Scrum framework
- Experience in technical coaching of junior team members