Computer Vision Engineer for Vision Systems
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
As an imaging software engineer you will be responsible for the analysis of images from various cameras and microscope systems. Your main assignment will be to develop and implement vision software to analyze videos and images (microscopic) and provide a solution for detection, identification and classification of cells in fluidic solutions, droplets, flow cells or other microfluidic devices.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To develop algorithms & software for analysis of images and videos of cells from microfluidic devices;
- To develop/implement key algorithmic blocks for cell detection, identification, and classification;
- To execute our imaging software pipeline on large data sets;
- Interface with other system designers to derive image analysis requirements;
- Interact with research team & lab technicians to derive user needs.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a Professional Master's degree in Informatics or equivalent through experience preferably 1-2 years.
- You have experience in computer vision, machine learning/artificial intelligence and conventional image processing techniques.
- You have good experience in Python/Matlab and can learn a new programming language rapidly.
- You have experience with other image processing tools and libraries (e.g. OpenCV, PyQt, CUDA).
- You are structured, precise and care about details.
- You attach importance to software robustness, appearance, and user friendliness.
- You are very customer-oriented.
- You are a self-motivated team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.