Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Working for one of the largest housing associations in England
Location: Manchester, England (Hybrid working)
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer to join my client at a very exciting time where they will invest, grow, and transform their business to provide a better service to customers old and new.
We are looking for a Cloud and Infrastructure engineer to deliver the infrastructure platforms transformation that underpins the strategic technology roadmap to embrace cloud computing.
The Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer will report directly into the Cloud & Infrastructure Lead. The role will be specifically aligned to the Enterprise Services and Security function, who's focus it is to provide exceptional service to all customers, internal and external to the business.
- Be a hands-on technical expert in the areas of Cloud Computing, Networking, Storage, Servers, Virtualisation, Operating Systems and Systems Management Tools delivery models.
- Deliver the transformation and security of corporate cloud and on prem infrastructure through improvement projects and initiatives to leverage best-fit, economic solutions, harnessing consumer, small & medium business solutions and moving away from traditional enterprise scale models.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery team to provide escalation support for security incidents and problems.
- Work closely with other Cloud & Infrastructure Engineering Team members to participate and assist in BAU and project work in other areas of the team. Additionally, to support colleagues within Enterprise Services & Security and Engineering pillars wherever necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud services, server & virtual server topographies, IP & virtual network design, cloud services, firewall management, switch & router configuration management
- Excellent knowledge of SAN & NAS storage solutions
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare ESX (P2V, vMotion, vSphere, etc.)
- Experienced working with the Microsoft application stack from top to bottom (CRM, AX, SRS, PowerBI etc.)
- Good working knowledge of security management technologies such as on premise and cloud-based solutions such as Service Design, Security Monitoring and Security Performance
- Good working knowledge of ISO27001 & PCI DSS and experience of improving IT systems to adhere to security guidelines, acting both proactively and reactively
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, creating a DevOps pipeline
- Detailed understanding of cyber security standards, compliance requirements & IT best practices of governance
- Successful experience designing & documenting technical infrastructure designs as part of a Systems Development Lifecycle process
- Track record of delivering complex technical solutions to tight timescale
- Experienced in Microsoft Technologies (AD, Server, Exchange and SQL)
- Experienced working with, setting up, maintaining and improving software defined infrastructure
If this ticks most of your boxes, please apply for immediate review!